Saturday 5 October 2013

GOV IMOKE SET TO RESHUFFLE CABINET


The long awaited Cross River cabinet reshuffle may soon happen as Cross River State Governor, Senator Liyel Imoke has said that though he does not want to cave to pressure from different quarters to reshuffle his cabinet, there will soon be changes in the state executive council to inject fresh blood into areas that need improvement.

Imoke while addressing the people of Cross River State on CRBC Live Television Program in Calabar tagged “2 Hours with the Governor” said: “I have received a lot of calls, text messages and visits with many people especially politicians asking me to reshuffle my cabinet, but what they have not told me was who I will replace them with. This is a big challenge for me.

“You don’t just dissolve or reshuffle cabinet because people want you to do so. If I’m satisfied with the crop of the people I’m working with, why should I reshuffle my cabinet?

“What people want and like is to see changes and new faces periodically and government doesn’t work like that.

“If you look at my cabinet, it is more of technocrats whom we carefully selected to implement our blue print, so it is not what the people say that matter but what we feel and think is good to achieve the desired goals for the people of Cross River State.

“However, there will be a change in the cabinet soon to eject new and fresh bloods into the areas we feel are it is needed.

“We are appraising the ministries and departments to see those who are not performing up to our expectations and change them in the spirit of good governance and not because the people who possibly don’t like your faces wanted the change.” he said

CULLED FROM http://crossriverwatch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment