Tuesday 5 November 2013

YORUBA MOVIE ACTOR,SHOLA AKINTUNDE aka LAGATA CONFESSES WHEN NEXT I COME TO THIS WORLD I WILL BECOME A FOOTBALLER,NOT AN ACTOR

Sola Akintunde aka LAGATA  is an ijebu iperu born movie actor cum producer who has 13 years experience in acting,has 7 productions to his credit.The ijebu iperu born actor and strong celestial church of christ member has featured in so many films to the extent that he has lost count.In this interview with SILENT REPORTERS PUBLISHER,ENITIOLORUNDA ABIOLA-IDRIS,LAGATA talks about how he got into the industry,his journey so far in the movie industry,his alleged relationship with Joke Jigan,his theater training school,his educational background,but he refused to debunk the rumour that his wife is looking for the fruit of the womb,his undying love for the celestial church of christ.
ENJOY IT

SR-How has the movie industry been so far?
LAGATA-Yeah we tan God,Still alive wit d livin one
SR-When did you start acting and which was your debut MOVIE?
LAGATA-I started 1998,D 1st movie I featured in is IRAW0 LOMO by shola mania
SR-How did you get into the movie industry?
LAGATA-Through a man in area w call him baba ibeja olomolanke n who later be my boss
SR-How did it happen?
LAGATA-Yes we are lik 4 in numbers da av intrest in actin den, we all decided 2 join a well known star den bt I decided later 2 pray abut it n my shepherd told mi 2 join dat baba ibeja da my star is dre dan d well known star so I called my frenz n tell dem bt they didn't blieve in it so dey decided 2 join d star n I joined baba ibeji
SR-Who  is baba ibeji?
LAGATA-He Is nt a well known person he later left d industry 2 face his printing press which lead mi 2 train under many masters
SR-Who are the many masters you trained under?
LAGATA-Yemi my luver, rasheed ayeronfe, kamorudeen saba (radical), femi bright
SR-WHO CAN YOU SAY IS THE MOST TALENTED AMONGST THEM?
LAGATA-Haaa noo all of dem r gud
SR-WHO IS YOUR MENTOR?
LAGATA-DELE ODULE.
SR-Why did u choose dele odule and not any of the above named 3?
LAGATA-Cos of d advise he gav mi @ vri 1st time I met him on set
SR-oh the other actors you mentioned did not advice you?
LAGATA-He sed if I can continue wit ds kind of actin he saw dat day den am goin 2 b a great actor in future hearin ds gives a challenge 2 work harder.
Dey did bt he's own advises sound lik an angel dat day
SR-How often do you see DELE ODULE?
LAGATA-1s in a while
SR-What about Yemi my luver, rasheed ayeronfe, kamorudeen saba (radical), femi bright?
LAGATA-They r 5n,I see radical n rasheed vri well,Yemi my luver n femi bright 1s in a while
SR-Can you share your debut movie experience with us?
LAGATA-It gav mi a kind of green ligth da d future w b bright
SR-Werent you shy and naive? y did they pick you?
LAGATA-D producer came 2 our did a kind of audition n I wz picked
Rehearsal n dd
SR-you said your shepherd asked you to go with baba ibeji olomolanke,are you a celestial?
LAGATA-Yes n a proud 1
SR-WHICH PARISH DO YOU WORSHIP,ARE U ANNOINTED?
LAGATA-Ona iye parish, ikorodu
Still a broda
SR-SO IF YOUR SHEPHERD TELLS YOU TO QUIT ACTING,WOULD YOU?
LAGATA-It depends if dre is somtin bad in my front I av no choice
SR-CAN YOU SAY ACTING HAS SMILED AT
 YOU?
LAGATA-Yeah I tan God 4 d little achievemnt
SR-WHEN YOU SAY LITTLE ACHIEVEMENT WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?
LAGATA-@least can compare mine wit som top stars up dre
SR-YOU CAN COMPARE WHAT?
LAGATA-Dre stardom wit mine
SR-WE GATHERED THAT YOU ARE VERY FETTISH AND A LOVER OF WOMEN?
LAGATA-I dnt spend 2 much tym wit dem or tink abut movin up n dwn wit dem
SR-u mean u dont hang out with women?
LAGATA-@ALL
SR-DOES THAT MEAN YOU DONT HAVE A GIRLFRIEND?
LAGATA-I hav a wife nt girlfrend
SR-BUT WE GATHERED THAT YOU ARE DATING JOKE JIGAN?
LAGATA-Haaaaaaaaaa lailai joke is my student
SR-WE ALSO HEARD YOU ONCE MADE ADVANCES AT BISI IBIDAPO OBE?
LAGATA-ADVANCES OF?
SR-INTEREST
LAGATA-We r nt even close 2 da level
SR-HOW MANY MOVIES DO YOU HAVE TO YOUR CREDIT?
LAGATA-7
SR-which movie tasked you the most?
LAGATA-Opolo (brain)
SR-WHICH MOVIE BROUGHT YOU INTO THE LIME LIGHT?
LAGATA-OLE (thief) a movie by oladele matti
SR-HOW DID OPOLO TASK YOUR OPOLO?
LAGATA-Cos I played a role many people taught I cant
SR-Which roles did you play and who are the people that thought you would be unable to play them?
LAGATA-A detective role,My fanz n pple @ om
SR-how do you unwind?
LAGATA- I do dat @ om wen ever m free
SR-BUT PEOPLE SAY YOU HANG OUT A LOT..
LAGATA-@ WHR?
SR-SOME SAY YOU HANGOUT AT BHAPPY HOTEL
LAGATA-haaa no oo I only shot my film dre n das all
SR-YOU SAID JOKE JIGAN WAS YOUR STUDENT,IT MEANS YOU HAVE A TRAINING SCHOOL..CAN YOU TELL US ABOUT IT?
LAGATA-Yes a shola akintunde lagata theater academy
Is 4 dos wants 2 learn acting, directin, dancin n so on
SR-How many students have graduated from your academy?
LAGATA-Is only joke 4 now bt 5 will b grduatin by december
SR-ARE ALL THE DECEMBER GRADUANTS MALE?
LAGATA-MALE N FEMALE?
SR-SO YOU TRAINED JOKE JIGAN ALONE ON ACTING?
LAGATA-N ow 2 produced
SR-DID YOU TRAIN HER ALONE?
LAGATA-NO
SR-BUT YOU SAID ITS ONLY JOKE FOR NOW.
LAGATA-Dat graduated others r nt serious den nt until dey start 2 c her on screen
SR-CAN YOU LET US INTO YOUR FAMILY BACKGROUND?
LAGATA-M srri I dnt do dat
SR-WHERE ARE YOU FROM?
LAGATA-Ogun state, ijebu iperu
SR-WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE STUDENT?
LAGATA-JOKE JIGAN
SR-SOME PEOPLE SAY YOU ARE A DROPOUT,HOW TRUE IS THAT?
LAGATA-I had my OND in kaduna state poly zaria bt I ddnt go 4 my HND due 2 one or two prblms
I did.
SR-HOW DID YOU COME ABOUT THAT NAME 'LAGATA'?
LAGATA-Den @ our rehearal wit yemi my luver
SR-WAS IT YEMI MY LOVER THAT GAVE YOU THAT NAME?
LAGATA-No one of my mate den
SR-PEOPLE SAY YOU DONT HAVE A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR SENIOR COLLEAGUES IN THE INDUSTRY?
LAGATA-I giv respect 2 every 1 n av gud rlationshp wit dem
SR-HOW DO YOU DEAL WIH YOUR FEMALE FANS WHO ADMIRE YOU?
LAGATA-Dey admire mi cos of my d role I playd or my films so I put in my best 2 mk dem hapi
SR-IF YOU COME TO THIS WORLD AGAIN WHAT WOULD YOU DO DIFFERENTLY?
LAGATA-Footballer
SR-SO YOU WOULD RATHER BE A FOOTBALLER  RATHER THAN A MOVIE ACTOR WHEN NEXT YOU COME
LAGATA-Yes cos I luv playin football
SR-WHY DID YOU OPT FOR ACTING IN THE FIRST PLACE?
LAGATA-M 1s a footballer ankle injury knock mi out so I decided 2 act
SR-WHICH OF THE FEMALE ACTRESSES DO YOU ADMIRE THE MOST?
LAGATA-D 1 I admire most is late BISI KOMOLAFE
SR-OH! WOULD YOU HAVE MARRIED HER?
LAGATA-Nt 2 a datin level bt I lik her kind of person
SR-SOME PEOPLE SAY YOUR WIFE HAS NOT GIVEN BIRTH YET?
LAGATA-Hmmm,Dnt wrri jare
SR-FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS INTERVIEW IT WOULD BE GOOD TO CLARIFY IT HERE
LAGATA-Is a kind of ideal 2 knw som1 s family back ground
U knw pple naw
SR-WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR CHILD?
LAGATA-Part 2 of d ideal
SR-THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME
LAGATA-UWC





No comments:

Post a Comment