Tuesday 4 February 2014

Pay Me My Pension Arrears Before 14th Of Feb. Or I Will Commit Suicide- Man Tells Oshiomhole



A 57-year old man in Benin City, Denis Amayo this morning has told journalists he will commit suicide on the 14th of February, 2014 if the State Governor refuse to pay his pension arrears before then. Denis said he served the state for 35 years in the Ministry of Agriculture and retired in August last year.Denis who just lost his father needs the money to bury him, as his corpse is still lying in the mortuary.

“I am my father’s first born. It will be immoral of me to task my younger ones to bring money for his burial while I cannot bring anything for the burial,” he said. I need my eight months pension arrears to bury my father he concluded.

He said, if the governor refuse to pay, he will sacrifice his life to raise awareness for other pensioners owed several months of unpaid pensions.

No comments:

Post a Comment